Enfield Public Schools is proud to partner with United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut on its 2017 Community Campaign to build a stronger community and help our hard-working families.
Why United Way?
United Way knows where the needs are within our communities. They find the best ways to bring people together to solve the issues that matter most. When you give to United Way, they put your donation to use in a way that makes a difference.
- Education – You’re ensuring children stay on track for kindergarten and academic milestones in order to graduate high school college and career ready.
- Financial Security – You’re helping people get jobs, manage finances and get on a path to a financially secure future.
- Health – You’re connecting families with health services, supporting healthier beginnings and healthier lives.
- Basic Needs – You’re providing people with assistance during tough times such as food and shelter.
This year, United Way is investing $7.5 million in programs and partnerships in our community, including:
- More than $4 million to offer children access to quality early learning programs as well as extended school day and summer learning opportunities.
- More than $1 million to connect individuals with skills and training for jobs in our region as well as the financial services and supports to achieve their goals.
- Nearly $2 million to provide access to information and referral services and immediate assistance such as food, shelter, disaster relief and services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Investing in the success of our future is important to Enfield Public Schools and United Way is an avenue for us to fulfill our responsibility to our community. I hope you’ll join me in supporting this year’s campaign and United Way. It’s thanks to you that we’re finding the best ways to help our community.